As a Director of Software Engineering, you will work closely with the product development team to design, plan and implement new features to achieve this goal. The director is responsible for and accountable to plan, lead, assign, supervise and control activities related to software development projects. In addition, the director will manage a team of onshore and offshore software and quality engineers, mentor technical staff in development processes and report progress of all software development activities up to the senior management. The engineering director will report to the CTO.
This is a remote role located in Pittsburgh, PA, and this Director will be required to travel to the Pittsburgh, PA office as needed for the role.
Welcome to Arkos Health, a new kind of healthcare company. Arkos serves health plans and provider organizations an integrated system-of-care comprised of clinical and social services backed by a robust technology platform. By engaging individuals with virtual, in-home, in-clinic and in-facility care options, Arkos Health delivers advanced community-based health services that allow our clients to live healthier, more independent lives.
All Employee MUST be fully COVID-19 Vaccinated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff of software engineers
- Manage offshore software development vendor / team
- Responsible for developing and executing software development plans and manage schedules and resource allocation for the team.
- Maintain current industry knowledge and trends, attending educational events and participates in committee work as appropriate.
- Create and develop a team environment, including building collaborative relationships and participating cross-functional coalitions to ensure knowledge is shared across teams.
- Responsible for identifying, mentoring and growing team leads.
- Responsible for career and development plans for engineering reports.
- Work with management and senior staff members to develop and manage an engineering plan for project(s). Candidate will be expected to create deliverables to support the project proposal process and roadmap process.
- Collaborate with User Experience, Product Management, Project Management, Software Engineers, Quality Assurance and Third-party partners to conceive, prototype, document, create and deploy quality software, adhering to engineering best practices.
- Review and evaluate quality of work performed by programming staff. Prioritize, assign, and monitor work progress relative to schedule plans. Adjust levels of work effort and/or schedule expectations to ensure integrity of the Software Development Plan.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code.
- Responsible to ensure that software development work satisfies business requirements, complies with approved department procedures and standards, and meets our software quality objectives. This includes ensuring that product designs are well document and communicated.
- Takes ownership and delivery responsibility for special projects or initiatives
- Define and drive consistent software engineering process and practices. Ensure compliance by team members. Participate in the definition and implementation of the process roadmap.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years with developing software for healthcare strongly preferred.
- 5 years of experience managing software engineering teams.
- 2 years of experience managing offshore teams.
- 5 years of experience in complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software engineering plan.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of AWS Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated track record of success in engineering and management roles in high performance, entrepreneurial organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a rapidly changing organization. Excellent management, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) are required.
- Excellent people management and strong process skills. Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead teams of junior and senior professionals who are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Technical background within the software industry with extensive knowledge of: Project Lifecycle Management, Team Training and Mentoring, Requirements Gathering, Software Engineering Change Management, Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Possess a deep knowledge of software development processes, lifecycles, and best practices
- Proficient Agile Development Methodologies and able to motivate and manage teams to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Fully paid employee medical/dental/vision/life/short term disability
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Annual sick/PTO with 9 paid holidays
Must complete our Culture Index Survey. Take the assessment at https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/general/bg3VS0H2kF. This is not a pass/fail test and does not measure intelligence.
Arkos Health EEO Statement
All Arkos Health divisions are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Arkos Health is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered.
Headquarters: Washington DC URL: https://cofense.comLocation- US, RemoteCompany Culture: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/cofenseCompany & Products: https://cofense.com/product-overviewCofense was founded by information security experts, with decades.
Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative,.
Great Expectations’ mission is to revolutionize the speed and integrity of data collaboration. Our software platform, Great Expectations is the leading open source tool for data testing, documentation, and profiling. Data teams all over the world use.
Greetings from Techintelli Solutions, IncThis is regarding a job opportunity that could benefit to you.We are hiring OPT, H4 EAD/L2 EAD, Green card and citizensTechintelli will provide professional training by one of the top trainers from the industry..