You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with high performing engineering teams and product owners to develop high quality data products in support of enterprise strategy and customer analytics
- Design and build reliable and efficient data pipelines through full stack development that spans data, infrastructure, and software engineering
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines that test and deploy software, data, and infrastructure artifacts across managed environment
- Perform all software engineering development duties including design, development, testing, and documentation and develop flexible, maintainable, and reusable data engineering solutions using standards, best practices, and frameworks with a focus on efficiency and innovation
- Consult with business partners on future technical trends/directions to meet business strategy initiatives
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large
- Understand the trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs and lead to solutions
- Facilitate strategic discussions and execute tactical plans
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field or equivalent experience) or equivalent work experience
- Engineering experience in modern technologies through either classroom, internship, or other hands-on experience
- Strong motivation for continuous learning, mentoring, problem solving, analytical thinking, and helping others grow along with you
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment to solve problems and deliver customer value
- Ability to work directly with data through programming language such as Python, Java, etc.
- On-call support is required
Additional Desired Skills:
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Enterprise level environment experience
- Building out systems and creating plans from scratch
- Strong familiarity or experience with architecture
- Experience with the following technologies and tools
- Programming (preference Python)
- Software development workflow (Git, code reviews, unit tests, etc.)
- Data engineering (data management, data transformation, data modeling, SQL, data lake, data warehousing)
- DevOps focused on using automated CI/CD pipelines
This position will require on-call responsibilities.
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
We’ll consider talent at the next levels with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag: #LI-Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with experience working with complex systems, managing and deploying. Expert level Python programming and debugging skills. Familiarity with REST APIs, Cloud Infrastructure, CI/CD, Git. familiarity with UI development,.
Network Operation Engineer (Network Engineer )Sangoma is looking for a forward thinking Network Operations Engineer with advanced technical skills in networking, system, and tooling/automation to join the network operation team to improve operations.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $135/hrESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long termABOUT.
Zego is a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from fleets of just two vehicles to global enterprises, and for individual drivers and riders. Its mission is to provide businesses and people with insurance they.
Our Rebellion:Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms.
More jobs by this company
Responsibilities:Principal is seeking a Data Analyst within our Life Data & Analytics Team! In this role you’ll partner with leadership in our US Insurance Solutions to provide data, insights, and recommendations to support their strategic goals. Here.
Responsibilities:Principal is looking for a Software Engineer to optimize existing solutions and build next generation solutions on our SimpleInvest platform. We need someone who can come in and wow our customers with awesome technology solutions they.
Responsibilities:Do you have experience as a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Software Engineer? If you do, come join our Enterprise Business Solutions team and partner with Principal's global marketers to deliver enterprise-wide marketing data solutions!.
Responsibilities:Our Enterprise Data & Analytics team is building a 360-degree view of our customers to enable analytics, business intelligence, and data pipelines across the enterprise. We are looking for a Software Engineer (data focused) to join our.
Responsibilities:As a Software Engineer in our Principal Asset Management area, you'll solve business problems through technology.In this position, you'll need to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative and willing to play various roles within a scrum.
Responsibilities:Are you passionate about delighting customers with the software you write? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with innovative and well-crafted software?Do you enjoy exploring and working with emerging cloud native technologies?Group.
Responsibilities:Come join a team of diverse software engineers designing and building the next generation enterprise customer communication solutions at Principal using the latest technologies like AWS, SaaS applications and custom microservices and.
Responsibilities:We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and partner with Principal's global marketers to deliver enterprise-wide marketing solutions. Our team enables the enterprise to get the most out of our marketing technology investments,.
Responsibilities:Workspace services provides and supports technology that empowers Principal’s workforce to communicate, collaborate and serve our customers.What you’ll do:Provide support for common productivity tools used by 25K global usersDeploy technology.