The Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers excited to work in a collaborative environment, building robust software solutions that have a tangible impact to governments and the citizens they serve. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and produce simple, elegant, maintainable solutions. They work with a team of engineers to fix bugs, improve existing features, and build new solutions!
In addition, the Software Engineer has the opportunity to grow as an engineering leader, crafting their skills as a mentor with junior engineers and collaborating with the most senior members on our team. Learning the ins & outs of CI/CD, how to avoid common anti-patterns, and building fault tolerant systems.
What You'll Do:
- Architect software solutions and contribute to multiple code bases
- Develop and maintain complex features for multiple applications within the Granicus product suite. Help to mature our GraphQL API and manage asynchronous workloads.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies and planning sessions, leading to shipping quality products
- Champion the development team’s core value
Notice$60,000 - $70,000 + Bonus*
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications
- Prior experience building web applications in python
- Production experience with one or many data storage technologies: key-value, relational database, document storage
- Knowledge of AWS is preferred but not required
- Understand frontend client communication and how backend APIs support those needs
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: