Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics provider, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 900+ team members globally, 10 office locations, and 300+ clients, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our clients.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Senior Data Scientist, R&D Product Development
Insurity is seeking to hire a Senior Data Scientist to join our Analytics R&D team. Insurity’s Analytics R&D Team is at the forefront of innovation and development within the company, driving the creation of novel and scalable analytics products that can benefit our customers. R&D projects typically include cross-functional team members within Product, Client-Services and Sales functions. The work will be done using both classical and cutting-edge analytic techniques supported by numerous strategically selected external data sources to achieve industry leading outcomes. Insurity is seeking to augment its analytics capabilities further by growing a team of R&D researchers with this Senior Data Scientist position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop advanced predictive models and exploratory data analyses that will unveil key data insights leveraging both structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with Product Engineers and Client Services to determine what data insights need to be derived and the problem statement that should guide the analysis in order to solve business problems and develop new products.
- Be a key communicator of analytical results and insights to various stakeholders across the company and client base.
- Determine the best visualization and techniques that will be most effective in communicating insights to stakeholders
- Inspire R&D colleagues with authoritative knowledge of machine learning, statistics, and analytic principles.
- Independently develop new ideas for direction of analytics workflows and present the benefits to the team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- 4+ years professional experience building statistical and machine learning models (GLM, GLMNET, XGBoost, Random Forest, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge in one or more languages commonly used in data analytics (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.). Python / R proficiency is strongly preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in SQL and relational databases
- Strong ability to communicate complex analyses and concepts to non-technical audiences within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Exposure to the insurance industry and concepts is a bonus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: