Tenable is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Vulnerability Intelligence Feeds research team. This position will focus on the design, development, and maintenance of our framework of web scrapers, data normalizers, content generators, and custom libraries which automate vulnerability intelligence generation.
- Your daily work will have a significant, positive impact on our customers’ problems, as well as drive strategic innovation for future products and offerings. This team plays an integral role within our Tenable research department, and is actively expanding so we can continue to provide top-notch vulnerability intelligence and push the boundaries of what is possible.
You will collaborate closely with highly-talented engineers whose backgrounds and expertise span across several different areas and interests. You will have a chance to learn from your job daily as well as those around you. Specifically, you will:
- Develop automated web scraping tools to collect vulnerability intelligence from multiple different types of sources
- Develop and maintain an automated system for generating and validating content for Tenable products
- Support a DevOps / CICD software delivery model
- Analyze current workflows and suggest, design and implement improvements
- Collaborate with other teams in an Agile development environment
- Incrementally improve the quality of our offerings
- You will be joining a culture that values and encourages free sharing of ideas and team building. You will enjoy your work every day.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of software development experience in Python
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- The ability to find, evaluate, and recommend potential sources of intelligence
- Strong initiative and the ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined focus on roadmap contribution and execution, willingness to shift priorities as needed
- A security-focused development attitude
- An obsession with quality and eager to learn
- A desire to mentor software engineers on the team
- Strong understanding of a full software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements analysis, design, estimation, development, quality control and unit testing
- Experience with web-scraping and data normalization
- Experience with Cloud applications, services, and tools
- Experience with version-control tools, issue/bug tracking and reporting, and agile project management
- Working knowledge of Kibana, Splunk, Jenkins
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
- All US-Remote locations excluding Colorado
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: