The Intern, Assay Development participates in internal research development projects related to Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based molecular diagnostic assays. This position is responsible for leveraging current education in the sciences, and under supervision, applying it to analysis and research activities. The Intern may prepare and analyze human specimens, conduct laboratory experiments within guidelines and operate complex scientific equipment, such as high throughput liquid handlers. Additionally, the Intern may evaluate and summarize results, prepare reports, and present data.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
- Under supervision, participation in laboratory experiments (assuming on-site presence).
- Under supervision, assist in organizing and accessioning samples for a biorepository.
- Participate in data presentations.
- Participate in document tracking and organization.
- Other projects as periodically assigned.
- Current sophomore or junior enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing Bachelor of Science degree in Biology or other life science major
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Prior experience or knowledge in NGS workflows
- Prior experience with automated platforms or general molecular biology instrumentation
- Experience with scripting languages R and/or Python
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, scientific concepts, experimental plans, and results
- Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
- Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: