Koinonia Family Services is seeking a qualified individual to join our small team of dedicated IT professionals as a remote Python Django Developer. If you want to work on something meaningful that will impact the lives of abused and neglected children, this is your chance. The main responsibility of this position is to join the development of our internal web application used to track daily business functions of our organization, as well as the regulatory requirements of our industry. This includes tracking data for the many children and youth who receive our services, and their caregivers (foster or adoption parents). The goal is to continue to expand and enhance our application as regulatory requirements change and also create efficiencies so our direct care staff can spend more time with youth and families and less time with paperwork. Being part of a small team, you will have a voice in the decision making of how our application evolves. This role will collaborate on all phases of the software life cycle and strive to create a user-friendly and innovative application.
Koinonia's IT Department is located at its corporate office in Loomis, CA (about 25 miles north-east of Sacramento). We are looking for a qualified individual who can work either at our corporate IT Department in Loomis, or who will work remotely from their home in California or other U.S. location. The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong work ethic with ability to stay focused while working independently. That candidate should also have web application development experience using:
- Python - 4 years or more experience
- Django - 2 years or more experience.
- Depending on your strengths, if you understand Python and Django but are specialized on front-end design, you may also be considered.
This is a remote position. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The hours are typically regular business hours Monday-Friday with the expectation of working remotely unless that's not your preference. The salary range is from $70,000 - $100,000 depending on qualifications. Being a non-profit with our focus on helping the lives of others, you can expect a very positive and flexible working environment where we put people over profits. Koinonia offers an excellent benefit package for the employee and their dependents. Benefits include employee and dependent group health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401k, paid time off, and paid holidays. The medical plan has very low co-pays/deductibles and offers great coverage.
- Write well designed, readable, efficient code by using best software development practices in Python and the Django framework.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our application.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Document progress on writing code and other work in an internal repository for daily review by your manager.
- If working remotely, travel to the corporate IT Department, at company expense, periodically for strategic planning and team-building.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Web User Interface Design/Evaluation (UI), Load Balancing, Version Control Systems (Git), Web Services (REST/SOAP), Unit Testing, Apache, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Mathematical Skills: Discrete Math, Statistical Analysis, Linear Algebra, Basic Arithmetic, ability to use all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, create and interpret various graphs/visual representations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a strong self-starter, with strong initiative skills and the ability to work well with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees and the general public, to maintain confidentiality in daily operations, and to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, software manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, and safety rules.
- Ability to write routine emails, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Our employees say Koinonia is a great place to work! Koinonia has an attractive organizational culture that emphasizes a focus on quality of relationships. In a recent employee satisfaction survey, 96.2% of employees agreed with the statement that Koinonia is a great place to work. Additionally, 96.7% of employees agreed that people at Koinonia care about one another's well-being, and 97.7% agreed the organization treats them with dignity and respect. Koinonia is more than just a great place to work-it's a great place to "belong" and to be with others who care about each other, and care about serving kids and families!! Koinonia is a trauma-informed agency with a person-centered treatment philosophy. Join us in our mission to bring hope and healing to children, youth and families through meaningful relationships and quality programs and services.
Important: Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background clearance through the Department of Justice and FBI as well as a pre-employment physical and TB test. Also, must have a driver's license in good standing, reliable transportation and be able to meet auto insurance eligibility requirements.
- 1 year(s): Bootstrap or similar framework
- 1 year(s): Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or a similar Cloud infrastructure
- 1 year(s): Kubernetes
- 2 year(s): Django
- 4 year(s): Python
- 2 year(s): Developing web applications
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: