Passionate about building and delivering great products with purpose? Want a "change the world" vibe that is gaining momentum? Unizin is a university-funded technology startup with a mission to improve student success through digital teaching and learning. We are committed to advancing the state of the art in data and learning analytics, instructional content, and standards.
Unizin is looking for a Senior Python developer to join our remote-friendly, Austin-centered team to develop high scale applications used by over a million faculty and students in higher education.
All candidates are encouraged to apply. Unizin embraces diversity and relies on its employees' varied backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation.
What you’ll do
- Use Python, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform services (PubSub, Big Query, etc), and more every day.
- Design and develop scalable services and APIs across Unizin’s product portfolio
- Proactively facilitate open communication, collective decision-making, thorough reviews, and other engineering practices that create performant, scalable systems
- Work in Google Cloud Platform
- Work in a GNU/Linux environment
- Work in an agile-based environment using tools like GitLab, Slack, Keybase, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams including product, UX, services, support, and University technology staff as needed
What we need from you
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- A love of coding and building systems, especially with Python
- A strong belief that a holistic engineering mindset (testing, code review, devops, CICD) is essential to building great systems
- A desire to collaborate, mentor, guide, and be guided by your peers
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
Nice to haves
- Preference for small teams and organizations
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Great team
- Cool technology
- Mission of high social value
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical, dental, and optical plans
- 403b with matching
- Open PTO
- Remote-work benefits
- Commuter benefits (for those in Austin)
- Flexible hours
Unizin is a small, partially-distributed team of product, engineering, services, and support staff centered in downtown Austin, Texas. We build technology products for a consortium of large research universities that are working together to improve digital teaching and learning in higher education. Using their combined mission of education and research, we are closing the loop between learning science and pedagogical research to drive advancements in teaching and learning. More than 1 million students are served by our members and will be impacted by the services we offer. We are a startup inside a collaborative of substantial scale and resources, fully funded by the investments of our membership. Visit us at www.unizin.org.
Unizin is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: