Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics provider, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 900+ team members globally, 10 office locations, and 300+ clients, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our clients.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
We are seeking a talented and creative Data Scientist to join our growing team. You will work with our experienced Data Science team creating underwriting and claims product solutions powered by our proprietary data consortiums and strategically selected external data sources. Your work will deliver actionable insights which will lead to significant and measurable results for our customers. Additionally, you will partner with our sales and marketing teams in client-facing activities, delivering these actionable solutions and supporting their full implementation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Synthesize and analyze strategic data through advanced analytic techniques pertaining to customers business experience and business plans to discover critical business insights and deliver analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Effectively represent the Data Science group in a collaborative environment to execute on company goals.
- Support Subject Matter Experts on efforts to develop scalable and robust solutions.
- Translate complex analytical and technical concepts for non-technical team members to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices and advocate for the appropriate application of those advancements in our products and services.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- 2+ years professional experience building statistical and machine learning models (GLM, GLMNET, XGBoost, Random Forest, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with R, Python or similar statistical packages
- Experience in communicating advanced analytic modeling procedures and results to non-analytical experts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Exposure to the insurance industry is a bonus, not a requirement
Location: This role will be Remote-US based. Note: This role is expected to begin remotely due to COVID-19.
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you? Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity! Please understand that due to the volume of applicants we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: