To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Lead Software Engineer - Tools Developer GLUE
About the Team
The GLUE team provide automation to streamline enterprise-wide uplift and governance for our software stack. We develop and integrate leading-edge tools across the development lifecycle to inform, enhance, and ultimately minimize disruption for our software engineers. Our solutions are critical in keeping our software stack secure, compliant, and consistent with emerging internal and regulatory standards. Our tooling ranges from bespoke Python to third-party analyzers and standard Salesforce packages. We are a high-impact team with customers ranging from internal Salesforce software engineers through executives leading governance and broad-uplift initiatives.
You are passionate about automation and analysis within the software development lifecycle. You delight in building solutions that not only improve quality, compliance, security, and more, but enhance the software developer’s experience in the process. You’re highly accomplished in integration with multiple development platforms, including IDEs, code repositories, CI/CD systems, static analyzers, and more. You enjoy rapid experimentation and prototyping - you regularly take calculated risks and are not afraid to fail fast.
- Own (design, build, test, deploy) solutions to enhance software analysis and software-artifact monitoring & governance.
- Design and build extensible APIs for software-asset metadata across multiple code repos and languages.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to integrate with development lifecycle and governance platforms.
- BS in Computer Science or related field. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years experience engineering enterprise-class software or engineering/deployment/operations pipelines
- Expert in Java
- 4+ years experience with Python or similar
- Extensive experience developing automation integrated across the development cycle, including IDEs, software repositories, build/test environments, packaging, etc.
- Extensive experience implementing or integrating with static code analysis, rules engines, and event processing
- 2+ years experience authoring and packaging APEX applications
- Experience implementing or maintaining portions of the Kythe ecosystem or similar software-artifact metadata solutions.
- Experience implementing graph databases such as Neo4J, JanusGraph, or similar
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: