Kairos Power, LLC is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power, LLC is seeking a highly motivated Reliability Engineering Intern with education in nuclear engineering and Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA). In this role, you will contribute to the safety case for an FHR demonstration project. The Reliability Engineering Intern will work in close consultation with mentors to conduct sensitivity analysis of key areas of uncertainty for a nuclear reactor PRA.
- Contribute to the identification of source of uncertainty in existing PRA assessment results
- Develop automation methods to perform sensitivity analysis on PRA and mechanistic source term models
- Interface with subject matter experts as needed to develop and validate assumptions
- Conduct sensitivity analysis on key sources of uncertainty in PRA and mechanistic source term
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Nuclear Engineering Student that’s completed at least 3 years of a bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD students are encouraged to apply, as well as students in other engineering fields (Reliability, Mechanical, Materials, etc)
- Experience with computer programming/automation and ability to develop further experience in R, RMarkdown, Python, git, LaTeX, Bash/Shell/Batch scripting, Docker, etc
- Proven team player with excellent verbal and written communication/presentation.
- Deep experience using R, RMarkdown, git, LaTeX, Bash/Shell/Batch scripting
- Experience with Probabilistic Risk Assessment methods and analysis
- Experience with HAZOPs or FMEA
- Experience with radiological dose assessment
- Familiarity with Python, Docker
- Experience in uncertainty quantification, including Monte Carlo methods
Physical & Environmental Conditions
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
Must be willing to work a minimum of 10 weeks. This is a paid internship.
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: