BlueChip Financial is looking for an entry-level data scientist to join our cutting edge team of world-class analysts and engineers to expand our internal machine learning solutions. Bluechip is demonstrating rapid growth and increasing profit, yet our tech team is relatively small. We have a start-up-like mentality and atmosphere. We’re a team of really sharp people in a work environment that is fun, challenging, and rewarding. The focus of the work you’d be involved in is directly tied to the expansion of our machine learning/AI automation infrastructure (predominantly green-field deployments). The compensation (base + bonus) and benefits package for this position is highly competitive. Our working environment is both casual and inclusive. Bluechip Financial’s primary technology team is located in Atlanta, Georgia; however, fully remote work will be considered for the right candidate. (Note: The current team is working fully-remote in response to the COVID-19 pandemic).
As a Data Scientist I at Bluechip Financial, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to specific data science projects and ML pipelines (e.g., exploratory analysis, production ETL, code test/review, etc.).
- Utilize and help to improve our Machine Learning pipelines for our loan underwriting platform, fraud prevention, marketing, and more.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to solve problems and accomplish tasks in a logical, methodical, and time-efficient manner when given high-level tasks or objectives.
- Build and maintain ML specific dashboards and performance monitoring utilities.
- 1+ years relevant/full time experience in a data science type of role.
- Proficiency in Python (not just for data science) and associated data science related dependencies. Strong skills in SQL and/or R are a plus.
- Experience building, documenting, testing and deploying machine learning pipelines.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Clear and Strong communication skills, desire and ability to collaborate, and no ego.
- Experience with both larger scale relational and non-relational data frameworks.
- Ability and strong interest for learning new things and collaborating well with others.
- A genuine sense of enjoyment writing code and solving tough problems with data and programming.
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated environments.
- Experience with python-based dashboarding toolkits (e.g., Dash).
Location and Travel
BCF is headquartered in Belcourt, North Dakota with a satellite office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position can be remote, although travel to both offices will be required. Under normal (post-pandemic) circumstances, travel will also be required to attend industry conferences and may also be required for vendor management, both of which may vary at times. Total travel should flex between 10% and 30% per month.
Perks and benefits
- The opportunity to help bring much-needed income and economic development to the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
- Competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Generous employee benefits plan, including robust healthcare plans, matching 401K, and four weeks of PTO
- Company-sponsored professional development and training opportunities
About the Company
BlueChip Financial (d/b/a Spotloan.com) is a leading online direct lender founded in 2012 that utilizes advanced underwriting technology to provide short-term loans to Americans in need. BCF is wholly owned and operated by the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a Federally-recognized Native American Tribe (the “Tribe”).
BlueChip Financial is an integral part of the Tribe’s economic development efforts, and it is an essential provider of employment opportunities on the Tribe’s reservation. Employment decisions at BCF are based on qualifications, ability, and merit. When qualifications are equal, candidates who are enrolled members of the Tribe will receive preference. After considering this preference, it is BCF’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: