Principal AI Engineer
Principal AI Engineer
As Principal AI Engineer, you take a pivotal role in leading and shaping the direction of Paycor’s AI and Data Science competencies as well as influencing the broader Product & Engineering organization as a whole. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise and solutions to solve our most pressing business problems while enabling us to deliver novel and unique value streams to our customers above and beyond our current offerings. Operating out of our Innovation organization, you’ll have the delightful experience working in a highly creative, startup-like environment while enjoying the robust backing of executive commitment and the knowledge that what you are working on clearly aligns to and drives company strategy – the best of both worlds!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Market/UX Researchers, Data Scientists and Cognitive Solutions Architects on discovery and ideation activities to vet and prioritize business opportunities with an eye on how these translate into potential solutions
- Define, develop and deliver killer features driven by traditional Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and other predictive/prescriptive capabilities
- Build, deploy and maintain code and models in alignment with our MLOps process, identifying and implementing improvements where appropriate
- Serve as a Technical Lead on both green-field projects as well as to retrofit existing products with enhanced intelligence and decisioning
- Recommend new technologies, architectures and patterns beyond our existing stack
- Liaise with other leaders/teams across our entire organization as we integrate our Innovation solutions into core product offerings and roll these new features out to our clients
- Lead and mentor more junior team members in an informal, non-managerial capacity as we upskill our group as a whole on ML/DL-related competencies
- As an HCM SaaS provider, Paycor’s ultimate objective is to deliver excellent solutions that empower our clients to more effectively lead their own businesses – your role is instrumental in helping us achieve this!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field
- 6 or more years total general experience in software/database development, data governance/stewardship or related field
- 3 or more years of experience and deep proficiency in one or more associated programming languages (Python, R, etc.), including related frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- 2 or more years direct experience as a lead engineer on Machine Learning or Deep Learning-enabled products or projects with strong knowledge in techniques such as feature engineering, algorithm selection/tuning and model training/ensembling
- Experience with Conversational AI (particularly with cutting-edge techniques and pre-trained SOTAs such as BERT, GPT, Word2Vec, etc.) is preferred
- Previous experience with full-stack development and proficiency in multiple other languages (C#, Java, etc.) is a bonus
- Good soft skills: communications, influencing and leadership in particular
- Tenacious, solution focused, adaptable to rapid change, and ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Experience working at a SaaS/Software company with cloud-based solutions is a plus
Join our team to make a difference in people’s lives, every day. We empower our clients to spend less time on administrative tasks and more time developing their teams. We rally around our colleagues and succeed together. And we support and give back to our communities. Together, we can make a difference.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting