The primary purpose of this project will be for the intern to learn about how to implement, validate, and manage R/Python data analytics and statistical packages prior to general use in the d-wise computing environments. Their duties will include procedure, template, and tool development that facilitate validation and related activities, and will require close collaboration with IT, Compliance, and other members of the Quantitative Sciences (QS) organization. A significant part of this project is focused on reproducibility: creating processes that track new package requests, monitor installation and validation efforts, and keep track of package versions and dependencies for ongoing projects. The intern may also help in development and support of R/Python/SAS utilities, macros, scripts, and applications that can be helpful to QS while promoting and standardizing program development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create processes/scripts and perform activities for validating and documenting R/Python packages installed on the D-wise Linux and Windows environments.
- Propose and develop scripts or tools that automate or streamline the validation/QC process of installing data science and statistical packages.
- Collaborate with IT, Compliance and QS leadership teams to develop documentation practices in preparation for audits and periodic reviews.
- Provide innovative and feasible ideas and solutions to enhance the Alexion programming group’s catalog of system tools.
- Utilize experience in R/Python to identify gaps in current Alexion work processes and suggest innovation solutions for evaluation and development
- Gain understanding of the databases development process and the data flow dependencies required for development of a submission package
- Gain understanding of regulatory implementation requirements such as 21CFR Part 11.
- Document and present methodologies utilized and provide a user manual for any application.
- Experience working with R/Python software packages required
- Experience working with SAS software package preferred but not required
- Experience validating software installations related to R/Python or other analytic tools is a plus
- Understanding/coursework in the fundamentals of computer science, information technology and data analytics
- A successful candidate would typically have a BS / MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or similar degree and is currently enrolled in a MS or PhD program. Upperclassman who have not yet received their BS/BA and are enrolled in a program listed above may also be considered.
- Experience working with R and Python
- Ability/desire to learn new techniques and best practices
- Good interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills
- Experience with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. As a leader in rare diseases for more than 25 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes two approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), as well as the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D) as well as the first and only approved Factor Xa inhibitor reversal agent. In addition, the company is developing several mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease, an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases and an oral Factor D inhibitor as well as several early-stage therapies, including one for light chain (AL) amyloidosis, a second oral Factor D inhibitor and a third complement inhibitor. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, metabolic disorders and cardiology. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com .
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: