Who We Are
Omega Point empowers the institutional investment community with a modern, factor-based portfolio analytics decision-making system. Enhanced by the latest advancements in machine learning and AI, Omega Point's cloud platform ensures fast, painless integration and seamless fit across the widest range of investment processes. We enable a variety of portfolio analytics and portfolio construction workflows, including factor analysis, trade simulation, optimization, hedging and thematic investing.
Omega Point clients include top fundamental asset managers, hedge funds, and institutional allocators worldwide. The firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Austin and Quebec City.
Omega Point offers you...
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexibility to telecommute (and not only during the pandemic)...
- ...or come and work at the Quebec City, New York, or San Francisco offices.
- A pleasant environment with a talented team
- One or two summits per year where you can meet the whole team in person and do team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco
Omega Point embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Who You Are
As a Data Solutions Engineer, you are (or will become) passionate about finding solutions to a wide variety of data problems. You will work directly with clients and the Business/Product/Data teams to understand the challenges they face in integrating financial datasets with our Portfolio Intelligence platform. You will take ownership of transforming imperfect real world data and defining our processes to address the critical issues related to data management for investment professionals. When given a tough challenge, you are the kind of person who can propose multiple ways of solving the problem and can carefully explain the benefits and drawbacks of each solution.
- Design and implement monitoring tools to ensure clean and timely client portfolio data is available in the platform
- Prototype solutions to enact client trading strategies, including portfolio construction leveraging state of the art optimization techniques
- Communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to identify data issues and suggest technical solutions
- Work closely with the Business and Product teams to identify internal process improvements related to client platform usage and data management
- Collaborate with the Development teams to design and implement broader technical solutions to recurring issues
- Provide clients with platform and API support, including technical troubleshooting
- Gather feedback from external/internal stakeholders to propose high value-add solutions for our product roadmap
- Assist with research projects for blog posts (https://blog.ompnt.com/), white papers (https://www.ompnt.com/unravelling-risk-and-alpha), presentations (https://www.ompnt.com/webinar-reg-custom-hedge-baskets?hsLang=en-us), and sales campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience analyzing large datasets
- Effective communication and project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Motivation to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
You Might Also Have...
- Experience with APIs
- Experience in the finance / investment management industry
- Familiarity with factor risk models or equities data is a plus
- Masters degree in computer science, math, physics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with portfolio optimization problems
- Experience with client management
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: