We’re creating a new kind of helpdesk right here in St. Louis - and we need a Junior Developer to drive Capacity forward. Sound like you? Read on.
We are seeking aWe are seeking a Jr. Developer to join our growing team! As an engineer on the AI team at Capacity, you will be responsible for implemening and maintaining the core infrastructure powering our most challenging AI-integrated platforms and new endeavors. In your role as a junior, you will work alongside and be mentored by experienced Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists. You'll be joining a fast-paced team working on a variety of projects in the AI-sphere including natural language processing (NLP), image & document analysis, and contextual search.
- Build robust, scalable solutions in Python
- Improve code quality through unit tests, code reviews and automation
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, machine-learning engineers, devops engineers and product managers.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions; contribute and provide feedback to team members.
Capacity team members enjoy the opportunity and benefits of working at an early-stage artificial intelligence startup, but with leaders who’ve worked at places like Apple, Bayer, Answers.com, Oracle, Boeing, and many more world-class companies. The culture at Capacity encourages innovation, independent problem solving, and collaboration as we continue to mature our product in the ever-changing world of AI.
We have great benefits:
- Employer-paid health care
- Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation time
- Parental leave policy
- Short term disability
- Casual and diverse workplace
You are motivated by:
- Quality of Work - You are motivated by doing great work.
- Hard Work - Energized to join a startup and the hours that entails, not a 9-5 job.
- Low Ego - You care about winning, not who gets the credit, and push yourself to challenge your assumptions.
- Being Proactive - You take initiative on your own.
- High Achievement - You keep score.
- Teamwork - Willingness to collaborate.
- CS degree or relevant work experience
- Experience building REST APIs
- SQL Experience
- Version control experience (e.g., git)
- Experience with all phases of software development in an Agile environment
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Python
- Database Design & ORM
- ElasticSearch or SOLR
- Machine Learning (experience deploying ML models)
- CI/CD deployment experience (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc..)
- You will report directly to the AI Manager, Chris Duerr
Come prepared to demonstrate your initiative, intuition and results from whatever you’ve been working on in the past. Tell us what inspires you. Show us what you’ve been up to and we will do the same!
Capacity is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: