Manager, Systems & Infrastructure
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in action—giving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side. Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka®.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team:The Information Technology team’s mission is to keep us efficient & secure by ensuring the systems and technology that we use everyday are always up and running. The team is responsible for managing Confluent’s enterprise-wide systems & infrastructure and providing end user support. The IT group oversees a cloud first environment with a mixture of on premises & public cloud infrastructure as well as a large number of best of breed SaaS applications.
About The Role:The Manager, Systems & Infrastructure, will oversee a globally distributed team of employees & contractors that manage Confluent’s enterprise-wide employee facing technology platforms. The incumbent will be responsible for architecture, design, planning and implementation for infrastructure and SaaS applications across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and professional development to a small team of direct reports
- Working in conjunction with the Head of IT develop strategy & roadmaps for Confluent employee systems
- Accountable for stability of network & server infrastructure in Confluent facilities globally
- Develop scripting or low-code solutions for automation & integration
- Administration of enterprise wide applications used for productivity & collaboration (GSuite, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian, Okta)
- Responsible for endpoint management systems (JAMF, Intune, Munki, etc)
- Responsible for implementing processes to support 3rd party audit controls
- Lead projects through ideation, design, development, implementation, and support
- Maintain documentation, system roadmaps, and internal process runbooks
- Manage multi-cloud corporate environments including a combination of compute, networking, storage, and PaaS solutions
- Develop dashboard, reports, and KPIs for performance & productivity reporting for systems and personnel
- Partner with stakeholders in engineering, infosec, and other groups
- Participate in a recurring on call rotation
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience as an IT Manager with direct reports in addition to 8+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer with progressively increasing responsibilities in a rapidly growing mid-size enterprise
- Expertise with traditional infrastructure technologies; Virtualization, Storage, Networking, Firewalls, & Wireless, and various server operating systems
- Expertise with advanced networking concepts
- Deep experience with AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience managing Atlassian products including administration, projects, and workflows
- Hands on experience with a variety of security technologies including SASE, CASB, IPS/IDS, IAM & SSO
- Experience working with and integrating SaaS solutions covering a combination of productivity, collaboration, communication, and security tools
- Understanding of variety compliance frameworks such as SOC2, ISO270001, SOX, etc
- Experience writing scripts using bash, python, or other languages
- Formal Project Management Experience; Understanding of waterfall vs. agile methodologies
- Familiarity with open source platforms and tools
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who can take projects from ideation to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting