Principal Software Architect – Remote
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Principal Software Architect will be responsible for defining the technical strategy for our sustainability platform. Work with business stakeholders, product managers, other engineers, and our sustainability field team to translate product requirements into platform architecture and a technical roadmap. Drive improvement in our software engineering practices in a results-oriented way that adapts to the challenges and skillsets of the team. Keep up-to-date with relevant technologies in order to maintain and enhance platform functionality. Provide mentorship and guidance relevant across the software stack including application development, infrastructure, continuous deployment, and improving our developer ecosystem.
What you will do:
- Shape our technology strategy through defining architecture, applying relevant patterns, introducing new software solutions, and identifying areas of growth for the organization
- Design infrastructure that achieves reliability and accuracy in an observable and extensible way
- Develop documentation, architecture diagrams, and other assets to socialize our platform strategy throughout the organization
- Work with multiple cross-functional agile teams to architect a cohesive solution that meets the needs of the customer and contributes to the overall technical strategy
- Contribute to the development of the organization by sharing knowledge with peers both within the team and across the organization and providing mentorship to grow software engineering expertise within our teams
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of software development and data engineering experience
- Strong competency with Python, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and AWS cloud resources
- Experience with data processing technology such as Spark, Airflow, Kinesis, and Kafka
- Experience applying data engineering architectural patterns such as ETL/ELT, streaming vs. batch processing, and actor model systems to requirements that drive business value
- Experience with web application software design considerations including REST and GraphQL APIs, caching, front end data management, and application offline support
- Ability to recommend platform-level optimizations based on system performance metrics
- Ability to design production machine learning pipelines to deliver application features
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Agile software development experience including testing, code reviews, and CI/CD
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: