SteepRock develops state-of-the-art technology that enables Life Sciences companies to pursue their missions of improving patient outcomes and lives. Our customers are at the leading edge of medicine and they rely on us for insight into their patient populations using data science, software systems to help them provide millions in grants to research institutions and a wide range of other services. We stand together with our clients and their goals of making a healthier world.
We are looking for expert Python Software Engineers with a passion for building incredible technology. As a Senior Software Engineer at SteepRock, you will display leadership qualities, be versatile, and enthusiastically bring fresh ideas to solve our customers’ challenges.
We are a fast-paced company that builds high quality software using modern technologies and processes. You will bring extraordinary attention and commitment to quality to everything you do at SteepRock and we will support your growth and success.
Responsibilities and key qualifications:
- 10+ years of hands-on, everyday Python experience.
- Committed to CI/CD and rapid iterations of working code.
- Strong Object Oriented understanding and familiar with common patterns and principles.
- Deep understanding and experience of at least one database solution.
- Experience with microservices and containers.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration technology is a must.
- Ability to design solutions in an ecosystem of microservices and legacy systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate such designs and build consensus with other engineers.
- Understanding of OS concepts and thorough knowledge of networking is a must.
- Experience with message queues and/or PubSub a strong plus.
- Experience with GCP/GKE a strong plus.
- Experience with large datasets a plus.
- Experience with gRPC a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits (medical, office expenses, IRA plan) and direct incentive plans. This a remote position.
No headhunters or outsourcing firms will be accepted. Proof of US citizenship or permanent Authorization to Work in the US is a prerequisite. Experience will be confirmed by references.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: