Data Science Manager for Experiential Learning
LEARNING – EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING /
FULL TIME- EXEMPT
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The primary goal of the Experiential Learning program at Lambda School is to prepare students for a successful technology career by giving them experience in planning, designing, implementing and delivering software products in a highly collaborative work environment.
As a Data Science Manager in our organization, your focus will be to ensure our Data Science students thrive within an exciting and productive environment that closely reflects a real-world software engineering organization.
In this role, you’ll be a part of the Student Product Leadership Team in close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Design Managers. You’ll also regularly work with student Project and Product Leads.
This role is a hybrid between an instructor and a manager. As an instructor, you'll develop and deliver curriculum to students that will provide them with the skills they need to be successful in a product oriented software engineering team. As a manager, you'll work with student teams to ensure their projects are well planned and well executed.
You'll also have an opportunity to continuously shape and improve the Experiential Learning program to prepare our students for their future in the software industry. We're always looking for ways to raise the bar and elevate our students meet the demands of the industry.
Our program and our staff are fully remote, though we do have offices in SF and SLC. The school operates on Pacific Time and this role covers our full-time students from 8AM-5PM PT.
What you'll do:
- Facilitate Guided Projects for students. These are live online sessions where you'll directly teach concepts to students that help them learn to work effectively on cross-functional software engineering teams. Students typically attend 2-3 Guided Projects per week.
- Hold regular office hours for students and teams that need technical assistance. In addition, managers proactively meet one-on-one with students who are struggling to meet their academic goals.
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues to discover new opportunities for data science projects. We regularly work with non-profit organizations to build products that support their mission. These partnerships give students the opportunity to work on real projects with real stakeholders.
- Continuously improve the Experiential Learning program by developing and refining curriculum to improve our academic outcomes. In addition, we support several internal technology frameworks that students utilize when building projects.
What you'll need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the Data Science industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the Data Science industry
- 5+ years of experience programming in Python
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of software engineers in the Data Science field
- A passion in keeping up with the latest advances in Data Science
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
American Alliance for International Education