Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The $21B powersports market is fast and fun, but the purchasing process is slow and frustrating. Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of riders through editorial brands like CycleWorld.com and helps consumers buy their favorite vehicles with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 3X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 dealers in the USA, provides financing coverage for most major powersports makes, and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Consumer team where you will build and iterate our bleeding edge consumer lending marketplace. Working with a team of passionate engineers you will design, implement and refine features for our consumer facing marketplace using technologies such as Python, Django, Node, React and Docker.
- Design and architect high-quality software systems that are maintainable and scalable
- Write clean code to develop high-functioning systems
- Validate functionality of applications and implement automated tests to catch regressions
- Review code and fix bugs
- Collaborate with teammates and internal teams to improve products
- Mentor junior members of the team to follow engineering best practices
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Experience designing and implementing technical solutions
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Solutions oriented attitude with a willingness to take ownership
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- BS+ in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: