The Data Scientist plays an integral role as part of the Data Sciences team, supporting EMR queries and reporting projects.
- Understand electronic health record (EHR) and other healthcare (HC) data in order to merge disparate data and run queries across it to answer clinical and non-clinical questions
- Manage and perform queries on electronic health record systems for clinical study feasibilities and patient selection for clinical studies
- Model data and perform advanced analytics on EHR and other healthcare data sets, to understand impact of various factors on results, looking for trends
- Manage projects that require interaction with data as well as people to create value from new data products
- Develop methods in predictive analytics using HC data in clinical research
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- MS/PhD in Data Science, Healthcare Informatics or a related field
- Electronic health record system proficiency and general familiarity with healthcare data including working knowledge of ICD9/10 codes
- Proficiency in programming - Python, R (other languages, e.g., Julia a plus)
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Proficiency at data wrangling
- Statistical knowledge a plus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Established interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, intermediate to advance knowledge required with advanced Excel required
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and manage multiple deadlines
- Disciplined in work habits and programming/analysis habits
- Able to function as team member, open and sharing skills and results
- Experience with working within a busy and fast-paced start-up company environment
This job operates in a professional office environment and also remotely. This job will operate over Microsoft TEAMS and use other tools for remote work and communications, as well as work in an office setting, depending on the location and working conditions.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Little travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: