About the Role
Zero Hash is looking for an experienced and passionate software leader to help architect and build new features, as well as scaling the gateway to Finance 2.0. We are a high performing team looking for an equally ambitious and driven teammate.
The right candidate for this position is both extremely technical and comfortable interfacing directly with clients. You build resiliency and scalability into the platform at every step. You monitor and improve the system. You are able to scope and problem solve with customers directly.
This role reports directly to the Director Engineering. If you're looking to have a massive impact in a high-growth startup in one of the most exciting markets in decades, you will find this role challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
- Support the company's vital business by designing and delivering robust software in an event-driven microservices environment.
- Able to lay out and design system architecture to align with product goals.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Comfortable interacting directly with clients' technical teams.
- Continue to develop the reliability and stability of the platform, by ensuring a robust alerts and monitoring architecture for the product. Problem solve and lead responses for production issues and alerts.
- Inspire the overall company for product excellence through your work as a thought leader and mentor.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in the FinTech space.
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way.
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you're resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Can troubleshoot complex systems.
- Experience scaling distributed message-based systems.
- Deep Proficiency with at least one of Python and Golang and experience with the other.
- Solid understanding of SQL and database schema design.
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the SciPy stack, specifically Pandas.
- Experience at a banking-as-a-service, brokerage-as a service, payment-as-a-service business.
- An understanding around financial services reconciliation tools.
- Experience with digital assets preferred, but not required.
- Experience with yield-generating products.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums
- Mental health and wellness program
- Equity ownership
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
About Zero Hash
Zero Hash is backed by Struck Capital, Bain Capital, TradeStation and tastyworks. Zero Hash's mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system 2.0. Zero Hash enables developers and businesses to focus on building experiences and products. We power your favorite brokerage app or neo bank to offer BTC, provide the rails to the 2.0 payment processors, give platforms the ability to facilitate instantaneous cross border payments and eliminate complexity for moving assets for the world's largest liquidity providers.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence - an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision - an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity - a good attitude and respect for others. We're teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition - an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy - an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability - an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: