RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to work Remotely or Work from Home, or from one of our offices in Minnesota or Iowa if preferred.
This work, and most of our efforts are to support development of off-road vehicles and machinery. If you are passionate about software/controls and this type of equipment, RFA may be a great fit for you.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
This position is associated with the design and development of embedded software that controls machine operations and functions. Development methods include C programming language and Simulink Model Based Software Design. Testing methods include bench testing, computer simulation testing, and machine testing.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work with Architects and Systems Engineers to transform functional requirements into features/stories in an Agile workflow process.
- Collaborate with software, hydraulic, mechanical, drivetrain and electrical teams, among others to clarify and refine requirements.
- Work with less experienced team members to mentor, review code, clarify goals and strategies for implementing solutions to meet requirements.
- Feature by feature software development per Software Requirements Document of embedded software applications that control vehicle functions.
- Integration of software in a multi-developer team using Continuous Integration process.
- Functional and integration testing prior to hand-off to software test and evaluation group
- Development and release status tracking using the Agile development process.
- Creation and support of software for machine prototyping.
- Troubleshooting and debugging using engineering software and hardware tools.
- Creation of software design documentation.
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Software Engineering or Computer Engineering considered if relevant experience exists.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to interpret software requirements and state diagrams
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics for wiring and electronic controllers
- Self-motivated, quick learner, with an any-problem-can-be-solved attitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- General machine knowledge of industrial equipment or machinery
- Experience with CAN J1939 communication protocol
- Experience with C programming language
- Experience with Simulink Model Based Software Design
- Experience with CAN interface and analysis tools
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided design, product development and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, branch office in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: