Job Title: Remote Lead Python Developer (PERM)
Location: 100% Remote, preference for EST time zone
Industry: Commercial Insurance (recently acquired insurtech start-up within a larger global insurer)
Compensation: Principal level + bonus + benefits package
Visas / C2C: Sponsorship not offered, not eligible for C2C
- 10+ of years of Python development
- Seeking a path into a leadership role
- Experience Django or Flask
- Experience with large scale database deployments
- REST API integrations (building new API's and consuming existing 3rd party API's)
- Experience with AWS cloud
Key Questions to Answer:
- Are you seeking a technical management position in the future and have you had any leadership responsibilities in the past?
- Do you consider yourself to be a full-stack Python Developer or are you stronger on the front-end or backend?
- Describe your experience with large scale database deployments and API integrations?
- Describe your experience with containers and cloud technologies?
What's in it for you:
- Clear path into a hands-on management role in your first 12-18 months
- Work for a unique and growing start-up team within the company
- 100% REMOTE, no commute, no relocation, no travel
- Work with an outstanding servant leadership team with an appetite for innovation and modernization
- Be part of a great company culture that recognizes & rewards people for going above and beyond
- Work with cutting edge technologies that are extremely popular in the marketplace
- The opportunity to build amazing products from scratch / overhaul and upgrade existing platforms to the latest nextgen architecture
- Work for a well-established and financially stable company resilient to economic downturns
- Incredible employee benefits package
Join a unique team senior engineers working within a smaller insurtech start-up company that was purchased by a larger enterprise now focused on driving company wide adoption per product, integration, and performance enhancements.
- Works with the Product Owner and Business Systems Analyst to accurately interpret systems specifications documented in Agile user stories.
- Works with senior software development peers to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with Enterprise Architecture principles and software development best practices.
- As part of Agile team, completes software development work which includes application of creative design, coding and debugging methods & techniques.
- Offer suggestions to the Product Owner on alternative approaches to achieve system objectives.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of new technology and software engineering standards & practices
- Experience developing large-scale, distributed, secure, Python/Django/Ubuntu/Postgres database-backed business applications and deploying them to cloud providers
- Experience with AWS services (particularly RDS/S3/EC2) and code deployment
- Front end development experience including React, Redux, Typescript
- Experience developing React applications on top of popular third-party applications such as Google Maps, React Table, and PDF.js
- Advantage will be given to candidates with experience working with: Slack, Jenkins, CircleCI
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: