Insurity is a leading property and casualty insurance software and data analytics providers, working with some of the world’s largest insurers, brokers, and MGAs, including 15 of the top 25 P&C carriers in the US. With 900+ team members globally, 10 office locations, and 300+ customers, we have a deep understanding of the insurance business, unparalleled technology expertise, and a singular focus of delivering a simplified insurance experience to our customers.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Senior Jira Administrator
Are you someone with strong leadership skills and who can communicate with people at all levels? Do you analyze and solve problems analytically and critically while paying close attention to detail? Are you passionate about helping people and have a go-getter spirit? If any of these captures you, check out this great opportunity!
With a proven background in configuring, administering, and supporting the Atlassian product suite, the Senior Jira Administrator will be key to the implementation of best practices and migration of recent acquisitions to a shared Jira instance. In this role, you will work across the business to ensure a standard methodology and practice for teams using Jira, while also leading an implementation to migrate new teams and acquisitions from their existing work tracking tools to a shared Jira instance. You can set yourself apart from the rest by demonstrating your exceptional communication, leadership and organizational skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, manage, and support all administrative functions associated with the Atlassian product suite
- Be a leader on tool usage, standard methodologies, and implementation
- Gather requirements for business processes and determine ways to optimize and improv
- Build strong relationships with the various business teams that utilize the Atlassian products and become a trusted advisor providing alternative and your recommended solutions to meet their needs
- Setup JIRA/Confluence workflows and templates, as well as identify where functionality needs to improve to meet user requests
- Lead the migration of teams from their current work tracking platforms (such as Azure DevOps) to Jira by engaging with stakeholders, performing gap analysis activities, mapping fields, mapping workflow states, and migrating data from their current platform to Jira
- Support teams with their transition to Jira with training and process guidance
- Define and manage the rollout of comprehensive workflows (with conditions, validators, and triggered post functions), screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Proactively plan and implement upgrades for the Atlassian product suite and related plugins, and support licensing and user management to support ~500 local and remote users
- Manage system access and permissions configurations to ensure compliance and enforce best practices
- Create, manage and support on how to leverage Atlassian APIs for users to automate manual processes, implement business processes and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes
- Mentor Jr. Jira Admin to be self-sufficient so that they can cover seamlessly while you are out of the office
- Create Jira based reports, dashboards and planning views based on different user requirements and provide stakeholders with actionable project metrics and status reports
- Support teams and senior executives with their reporting needs by developing dashboards either directly in Jira or through PowerBI
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of similar experience
- Knowledge of migrating, merging various Atlassian product instances like Jira Cloud, Confluence
- Experience using Jira Cloud APIs
- Have working knowledge of one or more programming languages/technologies such as HTML, Python, Java, SQL, Linux etc.
- Knowledge of SAFe, Scrum, Agile and continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
- Experience with analyzing Atlassian system/application logs and able to extract actionable information
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to share technical and non-technical knowledge across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of change management methodologies used to drive organizational change
- A process-oriented mindset
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills including work planning, prioritization, and organization with an ability to multi-task
- Willingness to travel to other office locations up to 25%*
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (equivalent work experience may be considered)
- Knowledge of PowerBI an asset
- Atlassian Certified Professional credentials, an asset
Collaborative Culture | Flexible Hours | Growth Opportunities
Day 1 Health Insurance Coverage | Open PTO
Location: This position will be Remote (US or Montréal, CA).
- Travel: Any roles that involve travel are not to be expected to resume until further notice due to COVID-19.
Does Insurity sound like the right place for you? Send us your application and a cover letter highlighting what sets you apart from the nice-to-haves and makes you a must-have for our team!
Thank you for your interest in Insurity; only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Insurity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: