*This role can be based in Buffalo or Toronto*
ACV’s Machine Learning (ML) team is seeking a talented, experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our document processing team. Multiple ACV operations and product teams rely heavily on document verification to support our users of our marketplace and its auxiliary services. This requires scalable reliable services that provide guarantees of detection, extraction, and validation for a variety of stakeholders in a variety of contexts for a variety of document types and regulation/product requirements. These are not small projects and are regularly recognized by the executive team as key differentiators making ACV disruptive in the industry.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill and maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, and have the ability to support the development and implementation of end-to-end ML-enabled software solutions to meet the needs of internal stakeholders. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query. They will be able to show their recommendations are contextually grounded in an understanding of the practical problem, the data, and theory as well as what product and software solutions are feasible and desirable.
Primacy will remain on the fundamentals of great questions, good process, competent analysis, clear communication, team wins, and focused contribution to the company’s needs. No amount of education, training, or pedigree will substitute for a willingness to work together, do whatever it takes, and deliver. This job works out of the Buffalo office, but will start remote.
- Combination of graduate education (MS or PhD) and academic research lab experience in Deep Learning, Machine Learning, or similar computationally intensive degree
- 1-3 yrs Professional (and/or lab) experience related to ML engineering, notably examples running ML projects from discovery to delivery (leadership roles in academic lab may substitute for some professional experience, depending on role)
- Special interest will be given to professional experience with building large software solutions for human-in-the-loop systems and/or document processing solutions that leverage NLP and embedding strategies as well as computer vision techniques
- Expertise with Python (strong emphasis on keras, TF, pytorch, sklearn, opencv)
- Strong professional experience with SQL, version control, APIs, and pipelines.
- Good scripting, functional, and vectorized scientific programming skills in python
- Good exploratory data analysis and reporting skills
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: