- Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
- Architects, designs, implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
- Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality assure data
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline,
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code. Containerizes server deployments.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Mentors others
- Deep and hands-on experience (typically 5+ years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organizations through the influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- BS degree in computer science
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
Note: the data engineers, must have an s/w engineering flavor and understand data structures in algorithms to pass a code challenge.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- data infrastructure and data products: 6 years (Required)
- Python OR Go OR Java OR C++): 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 6 years (Required)
- understand data structures in algorithms to pass a code: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: