Do you want to develop prenatal diagnostics that can affect the lives of millions of expecting parents? BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer. We apply bioengineering and machine learning principles to diagnostics in order to build truly quantitative molecular tests. Our QCT platform improves resolution of cell-free DNA testing by >1000x fold and enables novel tests for both prenatal and oncology care. As engineer #1, you will work directly with the CTO to build backend infrastructure, bioinformatics data processing pipelines, laboratory automation tools, and web-based tools to communicate genetic results to patients. This is a highly impactful position with the opportunity to own engineering end-to-end from internal prototypes to widely deployed products directly affecting patients.
If you have experience in full-stack development, love seeing your work positively affect your colleagues, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Projects you may work on include:
- Develop a secure portal for physicians to access the results of genetic tests
- Expand tooling for the Clinical and Operations team by integrating the internal BillionToOne API with external data sources (e.g. logistics, medical records, sales and marketing).
- Work with the R&D and process engineering for robotics-related laboratory automation
- Semi-automate data entry tasks via a pragmatic combination of OCR and UI/UX engineering.
Technologies we use include Django / Django rest framework, Python, Postgres, AWS: s3, ECR, ECS, Heroku, R
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years as a full-stack engineer touching frontend, database, backend
- Very strong Python expertise
- Experience with a web framework in Python, e.g. Django or Flask
- Strong desire to make an impact both through many small tools and large product development in a fast-paced environment
- Django rest framework
- React or Vue
- Previous startup or entrepreneurial experience
More About Us:
BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify copy number variation (CNV) changes in cancer patients. Our first product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single-gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother. UNITY covers all inherited disorders that every pregnancy needs to be tested for and has 98.5%+ sensitivity and 99%+ specificity.
BillionToOne has recently raised a large Series A funding from global institutional investors, including from Hummingbird Ventures, NeoTribe Ventures and Y Combinator:
Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
We offer competitive salary and benefits combined with a truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
Visa Transfer / Sponsor Available:
Sponsor - NO,
Transfer - Yes
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Full-stack Engineer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python / Django development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: