Tithe.ly has a thriving community of team members working remotely throughout North America, Australia, and dotted across the globe. Having been in business for just over five years, we run a fun, growing, profitable company.
As a backend Python programmer, your primary role will include working with a backend development team to build the backend portions of the Tithe.ly product suite.
The position is full-time. As you are working with several other engineering team members, it's critical that you have excellent communication skills.
The candidate will have the chance to grow their skillset under a highly skilled team that can guide the candidate and unlock their full potential. This position affords the opportunity to collaborate with other experienced engineers while also providing plenty of space for autonomy and coding. You will need to be able to think on your feet, be innovative and be independent when required.
100% remote opportunity, but must be based in the USA or Canada.
We are looking for the following experience in the following technologies.
- Python Frameworks (Django preferred)
- git (Github)
- SQL (PostgreSQL preferred)
- RESTful APIs
- Writing unit and integration tests
WHO WE HIRE
We look for people who possess these qualities.
- Great communication both verbal and in written form
- Find joy in working out solutions to tricky problems
- Willingness to learn and expand upon existing skill sets
- A team player & able to work without supervision
- Quick learner & takes initiative
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in simple terms
- Have a friendly, patient & positive nature
- Being a remote company, making sure you have a dedicated and quiet workspace is essential.
- We meet virtually, so no travel is required for this position.
- Honesty, transparency, and timely communication are critical.
- Avoiding calls and meetings that are unnecessary is part of our culture, but we are efficient and punctual when we do meet over zoom.
- We are a company that empowers our teams to be independent decision-makers and always striving for high standards for contribution to the team.
- Although remote, our development team is tight-knit.
- We want you to have a passion for Python, and having excellent communication and interpersonal skills is something we value highly. We only employ top Python thinkers and speakers in the industry, so you'll be working with some of the best and brightest.
- You'll work in a Docker environment using the IDE of your choice to develop within our Django framework. You will work on a variety of projects, so you must be able to switch gears easily.
- As you will work remotely, we want a quick learner, someone who loves to work hard delivers outstanding work, is self-motivated, and loves programming.
HOW TO APPLY
Please do the following:
- Send a custom cover letter explaining why you'd be perfect for this job.
- Include links to your Github or LinkedIn profile and any relevant work examples.
- Salary requirement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Python: 2 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: