POSITION: RADAR SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER
LOCATION: TITUSVILLE, FL, ATLANTA, GA, NORTHERN VA, or HUNTSVILLE, AL (CURRENTLY REMOTE)
Don’t be an employee number! Come join PredaSAR, the best commercial space radar company on the planet! We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on providing the most advanced satellite radar capabilities to clearly see the surface of the earth, anywhere and anytime, providing actionable data to address the unique needs of our clients.
PredaSAR is currently seeking a Radar Signal Processing Engineer. The ideal candidate will have mid-level experience and a track record of success in radar signal processing. You should have end-to-end radar system knowledge and experience in synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal processing, image formation, and algorithm development. This position will report to the Director, Payload Engineering and is an incredible opportunity to help shape the outcome of a major commercial space capability and grow professional engineering skills and experience in a great company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team to include providing mentoring, direction, and peer review to junior coworkers who devise remote sensing satellite solutions and capabilities responsive to customer needs
- Design, develop and integrate radar signal processing techniques and algorithms to form radar products, including image formation software, synthetic aperture radar modes, and environment or object-specific radar techniques
- Characterize and optimize the performance of remote sensing systems and relate sensor characteristics to the performance of automated and manual detection, classification, and object characterization
- Implement product offerings in a variety of customer-requested formats
- Assist in the modeling and simulation of SAR modes to produce a variety of high quality products
- Develop test plans, conduct tests, and analyze results to validate and verify radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Conduct data exploitation of non-literal geospatial data to solve customer problems including tactical, military, and intelligence using both real time and forensic techniques
- Apply rigorous statistical methods and analysis to data collected to ensure findings are complete and accurate
- Support design of data processing architecture, internal engineering tool development, and generation of proposals and technical reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science and 3 years technical leadership experience; or Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years’ related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Synthetic Aperture Radar image formation and mode design
- Experience with spaceborne radar systems signal and image processing, exploitation, and analysis design
- Experience in radar systems with knowledge of end-to-end design, development, and/or assessment, through modeling and simulation
- Proficient programming skills in a high-level scripting languages such as MATLAB, Interactive Data Language (IDL), and/or Python
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage workload, time, and resources
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and sense of urgency
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR §120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience supporting SAR use cases in the Intelligence Community or Department of Defense
- Deep technical understanding of standards for geospatial intelligence data and products
- Experience in creating efficiencies or novel techniques in collection, processing, and exploitation of SAR data
- Familiarity with advanced solutions for efficient data storage and analytic processing workflows
- Pattern recognition and performance characterization experience
- Experience implementing radar processing techniques into embedded systems hardware or edge processors
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
This position requires the candidate to be eligible for a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
Founded in 2019 in Boca Raton, Florida with additional offices in Northern Virginia and Atlanta, Georgia. PredaSAR Corporation is an emerging small satellite solutions provider building, and ultimately operating, the world’s largest and most advanced commercial Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite constellation.
PredaSAR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
PredaSAR…the clear choice for compelling SAR solutions!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: