Who we are:
WeLink is a next-generation wireless internet service provider. We use the latest millimeter wave technology and a proprietary approach to network deployment that allows us to deploy fiber-like networks faster and more cost-effectively than anyone else. These networks are used to provide internet broadband to homes and small businesses and will be used to offer mobile services in the future too.
We were founded by experienced fixed-wireless veterans and have spent the past couple of years (on top of long careers in the space) developing technology and refining our approach. Customers love our service
We are a venture-backed startup and are poised to grow massively.
If you want to give the world an alternative to the cable and telco duopoly that frustrates consumers and pioneer a better wireless future for the world, you should join us.
What we need (job responsibilities):
We are looking for a GIS Analyst to join our Network Planning team at WeLink. You will use GIS software to help us prepare high resolution data, complete LOS analysis, as well as plan and optimize wireless internet networks. You will be responsible for designing and managing many of the GIS data structures and for compiling and converting existing company data into these standardize GIS data formats. You will also be responsible for helping us transition to ArcGIS Online, for managing ArcGIS Online data, and for creating ArcGIS Online maps, apps, and dashboards. You will be responsible for running existing GIS processes as well as for collaborating with other team members to help design and implement many new GIS processes including GIS market selection, site selection, data preparation, and LOS analysis. You will be responsible for performing geospatial analysis and for presenting key findings to decision makers throughout the company.
What would make a fit (qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, or related field
- 3+ years of GIS work experience
- Intermediate experience using ArcGIS Pro and associated extensions including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst
- Intermediate experience using ArcGIS Online including creating data, maps, and apps
- Strong GIS data management skills
- Strong spatial analysis skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and interpret technical information and diagrams
- Previous experience working with raster data is a plus
- Previous experience using ESRI's ModelBuilder program is a plus
- Previous programming experience is a plus, especially experience using Python and arcpy
- Previous experience in telecommunications is a plus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: