This is an excellent position for a highly capable software engineer who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities, team wide leadership, and a leap of faith, to not only continue shipping codes and building amazing products and systems, but also lead and build a team of solid engineers to help scale cutting edge tech solutions from ground up for a massive and overlooked market .
The Head Engineer will report to the CEO directly, and join the management team to provide engineering leadership company wide.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (in the order of priorities)
- Hands on scaling tech platforms with large data and activity volumes and complex user entities
- Provide basic managerial and leadership support to enable an engineering team of 5-10
- Recruiting/hiring strong engineers
- Work with the CEO to refine/improve engineering production, outcome, and practice
- Empower other parts of the company with engineering and technical insights
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of hands on software engineering work experience
- Successful hands on experience scaling tech platforms from ground up to large scale
- Successful experience working with a team of people (cross functionally and leading Jr. engineers) to build and scale systems
- Experience in recruiting solid software engineers (participation at least if not as a hiring manager)
- Experience in mentoring, coaching if not leading and managing other software engineers
- Experience in very early stage tech start ups is a huge plus
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team first
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary, founding level equity, flexible title.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Email your resume to email@example.com for an interview with the CEO directly!
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $131B parking industry.
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting