Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media, and the broader Internet to verify identities in real time. Socure’s customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. Socure is funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
At Socure, the only way we can further our mission of becoming the single trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our US Data Science team and support our Automation team.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, machine learning is at the core of the solutions we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale and automate our internal operations.
The DS Automation team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and core tooling to support the Fraud & Risk and Client Analysis teams at Socure. If you enjoy operationalizing complex workflows or building tools for others, and have a nose for automating data science work, we’d love to meet and talk about your experiences!
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will build and maintain production-level python libraries. Additionally, you’ll drive best practices in version control and continuous integration / delivery
- Leverage open-source tools and cloud computing technologies
- Own and drive initiatives from conception to completion and production monitoring
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product teams and other key stakeholders
- You will work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
What You’ll Bring:
- You have strong previous experience in data engineering, software engineering, data science or research
- You’re familiar with best practices in the data engineering community and have strong opinions but are flexible and open minded and are able and willing to consider other points of view
- You have experience working with relational and NoSQL databases. Data warehousing experience, particularly with Snowflake or Redshift, is a plus
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate terabyte-scale data pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality
- You develop with an empathy for people and how they use your work, particularly with translating requests from data scientists and other stakeholders into requirements
- You have a strong python programming background and pride yourself on writing clean, testable code
- You have experience with containerization (Docker) and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes; experience with data workflow managers such as Drake, Luigi, or Airflow is a bonus
- You have experience with cloud ecosystems. Experience with AWS is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: