ActioNet has an open opportunity for a Red Hat/Linux Systems Administrator requiring a currently active Secret clearance. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform Tier 3 & 4 incident response for Core Services Architecture (CSA)
- Perform Tier 1 &2 incident response for Core Services Architecture as needed.
- Perform updates, configuration changes, security hardening (STIG), and scripting in a custom environment
- Troubleshoot connectivity, authentication, and configuration
- Monitor performance, storage, network, and operating system related metrics
- Develop configuration guides and standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Work with virtualization infrastructure and tools to optimize system performance
- Evaluate, design, and test new technologies and support existing infrastructure
- Participate in the development and maintenance of system lifecycle documentation
- Participate as a team member on projects including working with team members and vendors to gather requirements, scope technical efforts, determine solutions.
- Technical skills and focus should include the ability to explain, document and test solutions. Innovation and passion are key to achieving success in this environment.
Required Job Experience:
- 8+ years of experience with RHEL 6/7 Unix/Linux systems design and/or administration from the command line interface (CLI)
- Understanding of Networking technologies and application of the OSI model
- Experience with IT management and monitoring tools and best practices (Puppet, Github, Ansible etc)
- Experience with disaster recovery tools / products & design
- Expertise with RHEL 6/7 in a large scale enterprise environment including configuration and automation
- Experience with core infrastructure applications (Apache, BIND, Sendmail, SSH, Samba, PKI, Red Hat IDM, Red Hat Satellite, git, etc)
- Deep understanding of automated deployment technologies including Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience with version control software (svn,git)
- Experience with Unix / Linux text editors (vim, emacs)
- Experience with Unix / Linux debugging tools (tcpdump, strace, wireshark,dtrace, gdb etc)
- Experience with RHEL6/7 industry standard security tools and techniques
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
Preferred Experience (nice to have):
- Familiarity with scripting technologies (Bash, Python and similar)
- Familiarity with RSA, WikiD and similar AAA/Two factor authentication products /PKI-PKE/ methodologies
- Familiarity with NetApp, EMC, and similar enterprise storage
- Experience with Nagios, Altiris, Solarwinds,Puppet, Ansible, and similar monitoring / management tools
- Experience with security products (Firewalls, IPS, Honeypots, Data intrusion etc) and concepts
- Experience with enterprise storage systems and concepts (NAS & SAN)"
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: