GovernmentCIO is seeking a Senior Linux System Administrator to join our Team.
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, and F5 BigIP
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Create and/or update clear documentation of issues and resolutions
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Provision new / existing systems
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Monitor daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
- Provide Tier II support per request from various Regional Processing Offices. Investigate and troubleshoot issues prior to involving leads
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications, applications per project, or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance monitoring and tuning
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (4-year), or Associate’s Degree with 5-7 years’ experience working in a professional IT environment as a Senior Linux Admin (ver7)
- IN depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Experiencing managing webservices
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Server configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Comprehensive understanding of Network Security technologies
- Window Server Operating Systems (2012-2019)
- Server Virtualization on-premises and in the cloud
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution.
- Be professional, friendly, and articulate in your communication and troubleshooting skills
- Organize, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus
- Must be able to work unsupervised and demonstrate initiative with a variety of complex problems, and ability to make timely decisions.
- Be able to address and resolve both basic and advanced customer requests
- Take on new challenges and expand technical skills on their own
- Mentor junior SAs and provide them with technical training
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting