Marlette Funding is a consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Marlette has experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with over $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Our goal is to create a positive workplace where our employees develop and thrive. To accomplish this we hire smart, highly driven people and frequently solicit their input and feedback to ensure that our culture and work environment meets their needs. Employees receive plenty of perks including competitive salary, bonuses, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays, a well-stocked kitchen (when we’re back in the office) and numerous fun events and charitable opportunities.
Marlette celebrates diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we will grow.
Marlette Funding, provider of Best Egg online lending platform is growing at a fast rate in personal loan as well as new products launched into the fintech space. An internship with Best Egg will open the door to additional potential growth as we expand our team in future as well as training with some of the brightest machine learning data scientists in the industry. You will have decision science specific hands on experience which will pioneer your career growth substantially.
The Data Scientist team will be part of the Decision Science team and will help create innovative data-driven tools that are used to improve business decisions across the company.
The primary responsibility of the Data Scientist intern will be to design a Machine Learning framework that will help optimize return using dynamic pricing.
The Intern will:
- Assess data viability by performing data collection and cleaning to validate the framework
- Analyze pricing and create models using various mathematical, statistical, and machine learning techniques to maximize the return
- Coordinate with the decision science and credit teams to implement the framework and shape the pricing strategy
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, or R
- Experience using machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency with linear programming and / or dynamic programming implementations
- Required Education: Bachelor or 4-year degree Student in a Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Math, Economics or related.
- Preferred Education: Recently graduated from a Graduate program pursuing a Master's Degree or PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Math, Economics or related field
- Interest in financial industry desired but not required.
- Comfortable interacting and engaging with colleagues from all levels of management across all business units and external auditors.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills including self-direction, coaching and mentoring, getting buy-ins on the models from all relevant constituents.
- High self-efficacy, highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing a sprint plan, and able to communicate status effectively
- Effectively collaborate remotely
- Ability to succeed within a cross-functional team emphasizing Collective Ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Be confident and willing to challenge status quo but also willing to concede and execute other’s ideas when necessary
- Capable of teaching and learning from others to promote continuity of knowledge and personal development
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
We are hiring for a Summer 2021 Intern - full-time hour availability, start date May - August (can be flexible).
Potential for longer term relationship or eventual full-time position.
100% remote okay (we are all remote right now due to covid) must be US based.
At Best Egg, we believe money should be accessible so people can reach their goals, live a fuller life, and feel pride in knowing they have taken control of their finances. For those who need extra money to achieve the progress they seek in life, Best Egg is the modern solution-minded finance provider that mixes decades of banking experience with smart technology and deep customer insight to create products designed for today’s borrower, so that people can establish a smoother financial path. The egg symbolizes protection and a fresh start.
Looking for a way to stand out?
Send a follow up email to Talent Acquisition: email@example.com with your name and position of interest in the subject. In the email please include: Your resume attachment and a brief introduction highlighting what about this role stood out to you the most.
Recruiting Agencies: We appreciate what you do and understand how challenging it can be, however please do not send us unsolicited resumes or cold outreach to our employees, job listings or recruiting team.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting