You are a seasoned software engineer with experience writing enterprise back-end services. You identify primarily as a software engineer, but enjoy building technical software in the areas of statistics, machine learning, or data science. You are excited by working in the venture world, with agile processes and fluid organizations.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Backend Python Developer will report to the Senior Vice President, Information Science and will be responsible to:
- Design, architect, and implement production-level enterprise software
- Build and maintain end-to-end cloud-based technology stack and associated core engine
- Use software engineering best practices to build scalable and secure enterprise-grade software under AWS ecosystem
- Leverage algorithms and data-structures to solve complex business problems and measured against critical business metrics
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Analysts to frame problems within the business context and deliver solutions to meet those requirements
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience building enterprise software
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes/ECS, Cloudformation
- Expert skills in Python or other modern programming language
- Solid engineering experience with the ability to design and implement high-performance production-quality software
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- The ability to generate actionable business intelligence for senior management
- Capable of planning, prioritizing and managing projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with larger teams
- Proficiency with NoSQL/SQL databases, design, schema, and building queries
- Ideally experience in some of the following: Algorithms/data-structures, SaaS Architecture, Restful APIs, AWS Ecosystem, Distributed Systems, Cloud-computing, Distributed Computation
WHAT WE OFFER
- High energy atmosphere of an AI-driven FinTech scaleup that has great traction towards global success and already serves clients across four continents, including Fortune 500 companies. And we are just getting started!
- We value education and professional development and encourage employees to take ownership, become subject matter experts, and bring new ideas to the table to challenge themselves and their teammates.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse international team of techies, dog lovers, globetrotters, and musicians. We offer flexible PTO and a generous benefits package, and highly value independence. Our team enjoys spending time together with fun virtual activities and we look forward to re-establishing face to face events soon!
Itemize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Itemize does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: