Chicago based eCommerce firm to hire a Senior Python Engineer | Data Engineer. The client is requiring a Senior Python Engineer with excellent experience building data pipelines from scratch. The client does not use or want resources that use ETL tools to build data pipelines.
Due to COVID-19, initially the resources will work remotely; eventually, the resource will need to be onsite in their Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL location.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
- My client does not use any ETL tools – All pipelines are custom built from scratch with Python and SQL.
- Participate in Requirements Gathering: work with key business partner groups and other Data Engineering personnel to understand department-level data requirements for the analytics platform.
- Design Data Pipelines: work with other Data Engineering personnel on an overall design for flowing data from various internal and external sources into the Analytics platform.
- Build Data Pipelines from scratch with Python and SQL: leverage standard toolset and develop ETL/ELT code to move data from various internal and external sources into the analytics platform.
- Support Data Quality Program: work with Data QA Engineer to identify automated QA checks and associated monitoring.
- Key contributor to defining, implementing, and supporting:
- Data Services
- Data Dictionary
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong ELT/ ETL designer/developer
- Strong SQL & Python Expert level
- Performance tuning with SQL
- Structured & unstructured data expertise
- Cloud environment development & operations experience (GCP, AWS)
- Preference for candidates experienced with:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and associated services; e.g., Big Query, GCS, Cloud Composer, Dataproc, Dataflow, Dataprep, Cloud Pub/Sub, Metadata DB, Data Studio, Datalab, other tools Apache Airflow (scheduler), Bitbucket
- Real-time data replication/streaming tools
- Data Modeling
Successful completion of background check.
- One phone interview followed by one MS Teams interview; candidates must be local to Chicago; IL as onsite work will be required post COVID-19.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting