UPMC is actively looking to hire an Associate Programmer! This position will be focused primarily on supporting UPMC’s Clinical Analytics initiatives and will be joining a diverse team of motivated IT professionals and clinical operations. The preferred candidate will have experience with Python, C#, Microsoft platforms, and large data sets. Must have working knowledge of DevOps concepts and techniques along with the basic knowledge of Enterprise Data Management, Cloud Computing and AI concepts is preferred. The ideal candidate must have a willingness to learn new technologies and contribute to the development of new processes.
- Interactions with Others - Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Deploying production applications/change control processes - Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of change control processes. Responsible for performing the changes.
- Maintenance/Support - Show the ability to maintain programs that were self-written. Responsible for handling requests for reports. Show the ability to provide basic support, under the supervision of senior team members.
- Self Development - Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Documentation - Create basic technical documentation and maintain current documentation.
- Disaster Recovery Plan/Business Continuity - Responsible for completion of assigned tasks related to business continuity/disaster recovery efforts, under the supervision of senior team members.
- Project Management - Responsible for completing tasks to meet project milestones.
- Communication - Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Evaluate/Develop/Implement Technical Solutions - Responsible for developing a simple component of a technical solution and maintaining basic software code under the direction of senior members of the team.
Typically has familiarity with programming concepts through education or practical experience.
Experience with Python, Java, C#, Microsoft platforms and large data sets
Strong working knowledge of DevOps concepts and techniques
Basic knowledge of Enterprise Data Management, Cloud Computing and AI concepts is a plus
Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations.Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
Proficient in both oral and written communication.
Demonstrates thorough understanding of information technology fundamental tools and concepts of one of the information technology professional disciplines and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a particular UPMC department or function.
This is a remote position
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as Women in Information Technology (WIT), Female Leadership Innovation and Growth in Health Care & Technology (FLIGHT), or PRIDE Health, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: