Position Summary (Role):
The Senior eLearning Developer is responsible for the creation, authoring, editing and distribution of eLearning content. They will be primarily focused on prototyping and designing online training modules and other digital learning content, partnering with subject matter experts to create leading content, and continuing to develop our learning content offerings.
- Develop and update eLearning courses, games, and other applications in industry standard eLearning authoring tools
- Work with various LMS platforms to load, test, and optimize for eLearning standards (SCORM, AICC, xAPI, cmi5, LTI)
- Manipulate and optimize graphic files, video files, audio files and other multimedia files for the development of eLearning courses
- Work directly with DSS’s Solutions and Production team to consult on technology options and best practices
- Provide technical quality assurance testing and bug fixing
- Collaborate with DSS team members and Clients to consult on and deliver creative, stable technical solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree
- 5-7 years of eLearning design and development experience
- Experience leveraging standard eLearning tools, Captivate and/or Articulate, Camtasia and/or Premiere, Adobe Creative Cloud and web-based meeting tools
- Combination of creative design skills and technical knowledge; experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics
- Experience or understanding of C++ and game development software like Unity, Quest, Game-maker, Stencyl, Construct, etc. is a plus
- Experience following project plans and developing time and effort estimates
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of an agile learning team while juggling multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- Understanding of instructional design principles and adult learning theory
- Must be able to utilize multimedia design to create instructional materials
- A flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they relate to digital learning technologies
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment, discretion and timeliness in decision-making.
- Must have the ability to effectively listen so as to discern the meaning and intention of clients and to respond effectively to the needs of the individual or group
- Must have the acuity and problem-solving capability to identify client needs and match those to our solutions and product offerings
- Must be well organized, demonstrate strong professionalism and able to work well under pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Must be able to work within a global organization with varying cultures.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Strong command of American English, experience with International English/other languages a plus
- Light travel may be a requirement
- eLearning course development
- Script/code writing: HTML, CCS, Python and Java script
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Data analysis
- Knowledge of the learning technology market, tools, trends, and best practices
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Up to 8 hours of computer work/keyboarding per day
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: