Senior Software Engineer (Framingham or Remote)
DUST Identity is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Framingham, MA.
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nanodiamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Think of a barcode, but invisible and unfalsifiable. With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact — is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be instrumental in designing and delivering application features and integrations to enhance our security technologies. You will work closely with our product team to understand customer needs and strategic market opportunities, leveraging your creativity and expertise to architect innovative software solutions. As part of our collaborative, team-centric approach, you will also work with our hardware, materials, and R&D groups on various cross-discipline projects. Alongside the day-to-day work, you will be a key part of growing the engineering and company processes and culture.
What You'll Do
- Own the architecture and delivery of new features and key roadmap initiatives.
- Exercise your expertise in our codebase, both contributing to existing design patterns and leading the formation of new design patterns based on your knowledge and prior experience.
- Increase customer value through improvements to the product's functionality, usability, and performance.
- Collaborate with members across both the software team and the entire organization to understand customer needs and system constraints.
- Test and release reliable, reusable and performant code.
- Mentor early-career team members.
What You Bring
- 7+ years of experience working on a cloud-hosted system in production.
- A desire to solve our users' challenges along with implementing our own product vision.
- Excitement about creatively and collaboratively tackling hard problems.
- Proven leadership and/or technical excellence within an existing software organization.
- Prior knowledge and experience designing complex systems in a microservices architecture.
- Discipline and adherence to test-driven design.
- Python + Flask
- PostgreSQL + SQLAlchemy + Alembic
Start Date: Immediately; Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Location: Framingham, MA. or Remote
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity.
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply.
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Award winning startup with a product that matters
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Casual dress
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking
At DUST Identity, we place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our team and our community. To do our part in limiting the spread, all team members that are able to work remotely during this time are doing so. We are sensitive to the individual concerns of each team member and continue to reassess as more information and guidelines are released by the community.
While we hope that the DUST team will eventually return to in-person work, we will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: