Machine Learning Data Engineer
Job ID: ESP21-0001Location: Remote
Purpose: Espire Services is looking for a Machine Learning Data Engineer to ensure that backend data pipelines & operations run smoothly 24/7 from multiple data providers. You will be responsible for leading end-to-end data management activities, including but not limited to working with partners to identify fields, data linkage and integration, performing data quality checks, analysis, presenting data and documenting the process.
You must be able to review and understand large sets of data while being able to highlight relevant trends and patterns. The ideal candidate is a quick learner, curious, innovative, results-oriented and has strong interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively develop and maintain data pipelines and workflows that are the foundation of our polling and modeling: problem scoping, data cleaning, analysis, and testing.
- Work closely with partners to acquire, clean, and load new datasets.
- Collaborate with and support the work of the data scientists to produce deliverables.
- Develop data acquisition and management protocols.
- Implement quality assurance protocols.
- Develop workflows and automate processes using Python or other scripting languages.
- Create, maintain, and organize technical documentation for all data collection, cleaning, and analyses to inform both internal external users about data products and methodology.
- Oversee data linking process including standardization and documentation.
- Support the development of data governance processes and monitor compliance with governance policies and procedures.
- Take the lead role in data transfer operations.
- Work with agency partners to identify data fields that would be valuable for linking to databases and identify potential impediments to linkage and standardization of fields.
- Scripting and coding to automate and monitor data management processes.
- Assist with maintenance and development of internal Analytics data architecture.
- Exercise independent judgement and original thinking in support of data projects.
- Design, write, and disseminate innovative and visually appealing reports.
- Work with internal team members and external partners to support data collection and analysis and understand reporting needs.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years of experience managing data and leveraging analytics tools.
- Familiar with a variety of analytics deployment architectures (Python, containerized (Docker, Kubernetes), etc).
- Experience using SQL and other languages (R, Python, Scripts, etc) to manipulate & analyze data stored in relational and non-relational databases (or ability to learn).
- Experience configuring or monitoring data pipelines in cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Ability to connect APIs (REST, SOAP, HTTP Methods).
- Previous experience integrating data; familiarity with technical issues (e.g. cleaning, merging, standardizing, documenting, and securing)..
- Familiarity with data visualization including experience with common visualization software (e.g., R, Tableau, Power BI, Elasticsearch/Kibana).
- Experience working on applied data projects that involve working with diverse organizations to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Solid technical skills across a wide variety of tools and data platforms.
- Ability to develop relationships with collaborators, program providers, community partners and others.
- Able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple critical projects simultaneously and complete them in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience supporting MISO/IO missions
- 2 years using SQL professionally & proficiency with R or Python
- Cloud project work using AWS and/or Azure
- Proficient in HTTP Methods, Postman development/testing of REST and/or SOAP APIs, and CRUD actions
- Demonstrated high proficiency in statistical analysis software including utilizing Power BI, Tableau, Elasticsearch/Kibana, Alteryx, Python, or R
- Deep understanding of data quality issues with applied experience in addressing data issues for quality assurance
- Proficiency in each phase of the software development lifecycle
- Strong record of applied data analysis
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with a successful track record of communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Familiarity with principles of research design
- Top Secret clearance preferred.
Who We Are:
Espire Services, LLC (Espire), is a Service-Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business, (SDVOSB) providing a wide array of professional services to the U.S. Government. Espire provides facility management support, engineering services, security support services, program management support and staffing solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $92,791.00 - $113,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Data science: 6 years (Required)
- Machine learning: 4 years (Preferred)
- coding: 2 years (Required)
- Secret (Required)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: