We are ExploreLearning®, a Cambium Learning® Group company.
At ExploreLearning, we believe all students can have success in math and science — and have fun along the way! We’re an innovative ed tech company, helping students to embrace their inner scientist and/or mathematician through adaptive, game-based instruction, all while increasing deeper learning of foundational STEM concepts in a way that is as fun as it is effective. Our products and services help teachers easily personalize and enliven instruction, while building the skills and confidence students need to succeed in these critical subject areas.
We’re looking for individuals who share our commitment to solutions that truly make a difference in the lives of students.
A Data Science Engineer at ExploreLearning helps millions of children learn math and science by participating in the creation, improvement, and analysis of our award-winning, game-based, adaptive education products. He or she takes an active role in determining the pedagogical AI underlying our games, allowing them to produce individualized experiences for learners. Our ideal candidate will have a background in learning analytics and a passion for helping children learn math and science.
Essential job functions :
- Use our in-house AI system to sculpt the behavior of games so they properly adapt to individual learners while ensuring that activity-specific pedagogical requirements are achieved
- Analyze user-generated logs to develop insights into the experiences of users
- Distill and present these findings, along with recommendations for improvement, to designers and other stakeholders
- Other duties related to game behavior (e.g., testing, investigation of customer-reported behavior)
- Three years’ experience in educational data science OR master’s degree in learning analytics, educational data science, or similar field
- Familiarity with standard LAK/EDM user- and knowledge- modeling frameworks
- Extremely strong quantitative background and reasoning skills, including epistemology of hypothesis testing and standard mathematical modeling techniques for supervised and unsupervised machine learning
- Ability to analyze heterogeneously structured pedagogical log data, including demonstrated programming experience in at least one suitable programming language
- Demonstrated ability to perform literature searches and present findings in the LAK/EDM research space
- Familiarity with Bayesian Networks, Bayesian Knowledge Tracing, Q-matrices
- Expertise in Python, XSL, Typescript, or C#
- Substantial background in mathematics and computer science
- A keen understanding of selection bias in educational data analysis
Why Work With Us?
In addition to competitive salaries and generous benefits, ExploreLearning offers an exciting and dynamic working environment in which creativity, teamwork and professional growth are valued and rewarded. Our award-winning online programs bring engaging and effective instructional strategies to K-12 classrooms around the world. Over the course of the last 20+ years, we’ve received numerous awards from some of the worlds most respected education organizations, and were recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia.
Our office is based in historic downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, located approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and consistently rated one of America’s best places to live. The area offers a wide variety of business, cultural, historical, educational and sport-related attractions.
To learn more about our organization and the exciting work we do, visit us online.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: