Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, innovation, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken is looking for a Data Scientist to join our product analytics team, to help us improve personalization and optimization of our games, catering to the user’s experience. As a data scientist, your role in that process is to analyze and make sense of huge data sets by building predictive models, developing useful data structures, and providing actionable insights about our players.experiences.
As a Ukenite, you'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Designing and iterating machine learning solutions — creating opportunities to delight our customers and optimize our key metrics
- Collaborating closely with data engineers, architects and product managers to deploy models that deliver actionable insights
- Clearly communicating findings and insights to ensure we make quality business decisions
- Continually innovating on workflows and possible products to increase performance and efficiency across the organization
- Using data analysis techniques and statistical methods such as data mining, statistics, data cleansing and predictive analysis to collect, discover and extract insights from large scale data sets
Your background should include:
- Strong skills in Python and SQL, including libraries like Pandas, Scikit-learn, PyCaret
- Demonstrated ability to use predictive modelling and machine learning algorithms (supervised and unsupervised) to solve complex and ambiguous business problems
- Advanced proficiency in statistical methods (eg. hypothesis testing, Bayesian methodology)
- Experience with distributed database technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop) and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Ability to effectively communicate and interpret highly technical topics to non-technical partners
It is a big plus if you have:
- Advanced Degree(s) in statistics, computer science, math or a related field
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. Periscope, Tableau)
- Previous experience at a startup or mobile game/app company
- A passion for game design
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location at Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: