We're Tovala, a food-tech company completely reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and food, we give our customers a way to enjoy really good, good-for-you meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. We've amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following in just three years, radically changing the day-to-day lives of people across the country and successfully creating a new model for the food industry. We're looking for great people to join our team of hard-working, food-loving nerds.
About The Job
At Tovala, we truly believe in developing data as a core competency. As our first ETL Developer, you will help design and implement our enterprise data warehouse. We are working to integrate data from a large number of sources – some that only we have access to – into a central source of truth. This will serve as the foundation of all analytics, reporting, and data science for us.
Everyone here is empowered to make independent decisions and take ownership of their work. You will be joining a close-knit bunch of analysts and engineers in building mission critical infrastructure and tooling. You will work closely with stakeholders from every part of the business, translating their business needs into production code and company-wide reports. You will help set the team’s priorities based on company needs and deduce valuable insights for our growth as a company.
We are looking for someone with a flare for data integrity, a knack for relationship building, and a desire to pursue a long-term career in data analytics, data engineering, or data science. Whichever of these functions you wish to explore and develop in, you will receive professional guidance and opportunities to hone your abilities. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills, a strong support network, and guidance from experts in the various fields of data, this is the job for you!
How You'll Spend Your Time
- Own our enterprise data warehouse and collate several sources of data into this single source of truth
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate their business needs into production code and company-wide reports
- Partner with Business Analysts to scope data extraction, integration, and modeling for upcoming analyses
- Help us trust our data by designing data quality and integrity into the pipeline
- Enable less technical coworkers to make critical business decisions by automating reports in Looker
- Build strong connections across the organization and leverage these relationships to truly understand data needs and opportunities
- Support the company with advanced analytics when your interests and company needs align
- 3+ years building, deploying, and maintaining end-to-end (data lake to visualization) ETL pipelines
- High proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Looker (or similar BI tool)
- Experience with conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling
- Proficiency in Python (or other OOP languages)
- Experience with version control and deploying production code
- Demonstrable experience querying and transforming data programmatically
- Able to analyze data and critically examine results for patterns
Familiarity with these is a big plus:
- Apache Airflow
- AWS (s3, Lambda, EC2, IAM)
- Stats software packages (R, Python pandas, et
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: