At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The GRM Product Design and Modeling Business Lines Research team is looking for an experienced data scientist to help lead several Machine Learning projects. The job will require collaboration with business partners to develop Data Science solutions that enable data driven strategic decision-making; utilization of current and emerging data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured datasets; and the development of models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions. This level reflects broad knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and the application of those techniques to business issues.
- Apply broad knowledge of sophisticated analytics techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured datasets in order to generate insights to inform business decisions.
- Drive innovation in the application and development of tools and practices.
- Utilize Machine Learning techniques, such as NLP and Computer Vision tools, to solve business problems.
- Build predictive models for pricing models/segmentation.
- Interpret and provide a clear view of model results.
- Mentor other team members.
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level
This role will not have direct reports
- Highly experienced and skilled in programming, preferred in Python.
- NLP, Neural Networks/Deep Learning experience is an advantage.
- Actuarial/insurance pricing knowledge is an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of predictive analytic and ML techniques and diagnostics of models.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate data-driven insights to management and other groups and to mentor other members of the team.
- Ability to use results of analysis to justify a particular course of action to team, department management or senior management.
- Broad knowledge of business drivers and market context.
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and 3 years of relevant experience, a Master`s degree (scientific field of study) and 6 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor`s degree (scientific field of study) and 8 years of relevant experience.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: