Come for the mission. Stay for the experience.
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you! Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized, and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity.
Our industry-leading technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money. Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve created a COVID-19 resource center, helped members find testing and care, and made it even simpler to get telemedicine and mental health support to employees.
HealthJoy experienced explosive growth in 2020: we raised $30M in Series C funding, earned awards for Talent Culture’s Best HR Technology Leaders and Built In Chicago’s Best Places to Work, added 55+ key team members despite going totally remote, and so much more. This year, we continue down that path of high growth and high impact.
You are passionate about business and committed to applying modern technologies and practices to create scalable, extensible solutions. You will be responsible for providing end-to-end solutions across multiple business domains on the HealthJoy platform, collaborating with business users. Hands-on engineering experience in enterprise solutions and cloud-native architecture is required. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely explain complex issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical individuals is essential to the role. As a Solutions Architect at HealthJoy, you can expect to:
- Partner with Product Owners, Product Design, and Engineers to create innovative & robust business solutions for external and internal users with a focus on stability and scalability.
- Lead decomposition of business solutions into relevant business domains for parallel delivery and frequent feedback
- Evaluate third-party products and services, and work with third-party engineering teams for external integrations.
- Drive the cost-analysis for tools and technology decisions for all product outcomes.
- Collaborate with Application Architects and Developers to prevent and pay down technical debt.
- Build and maintain architecture documentation for all business solutions.
- Continuously look out for creative ways of solving business problems using new tools & technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, relevant Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering roles
- 3+ years of experience in cloud and microservices architecture; AWS preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building scalable, resilient, consumer-facing mobile and web, distributed solutions
- Experience with business domain driven systems
- Experience in driving design discussions among business stakeholders, product owners, and engineers
- Ability to lead multiple simultaneous business solutions for development
- Hands-on leader with experience going into the details for software architecture, design, and code
- Experience in modern programming languages and related frameworks; Python or fast portability to Python
- Experience integrating with third-party software solutions
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP, and telemedicine), flexible PTO plan, 401k+match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a remote work stipend - to ensure you can work comfortably from home, host virtual-lunch-and-learns, ‘friendship time’ pairings, virtual coffee chats/happy hours, and quarterly team activities.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: