POSITION: Integration Engineer of a Molecular CLIA Laboratory Performing SARS-CoV-2 PCR Diagnostic Testing
We are looking for an experienced, organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as an On-Site Integration Engineer of a CLIA-certified high complexity laboratory in the Houston area, which performs SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic RT-PCR testing. The Integration Engineer contributes to the development and implementation of software and APIs to support the processing of samples in a clinical diagnostics laboratory environment.
This individual collaborates with a team of scientists and engineers on projects to conceptualize, design, develop and implement solutions designed to optimize the performance and increase the efficiencies of laboratory processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Creating interfaces to integrate disparate laboratory ordering and resulting mechanisms like REST and SOAP HTTP APIs, SFTP servers, etc.
- Creating custom software applications to monitor the performance of lab processes
- Communicating and facilitating with scientists and fellow engineers to optimize workflow processes
- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering with at least 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Fluency in coding Python and SQL
- Familiarity with Asynchronous programming and Docker
- Experience in integration of different APIs
- Extremely detail-oriented while able to manage and prioritize several different projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relay information across disciplines and to external partners
- Location: Houston, TX.
- Relocation offered
This is a full time job opportunity with competitive benefits and career potential. Applicants should send a cover letter along with a resume. Selected applicants will be contacted via email or phone to schedule initial interviews. Pay depends on experience and will be discussed during the interviewing process along with a work schedule. Training will be provided but a strong understanding of engineering will be required. Serious candidates must be responsible, very detailed-oriented, highly organized, resourceful, dependable, and trustworthy.
Equal Employment Opportunity Notice
Dascena is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment for all qualified persons. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, age, genetics or disability.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: