Sr. Python Developer
Company Background: Blackstraw is an AI startup from Tampa Bay, FL. Utilizing a unique combination of our AI Platforms and Services backed by real world AI deployment experience, we deliver innovative solutions to our growing list of clients. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops solutions that transform organizations.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Be an expert in Python, with solid working knowledge of Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc...
- Good familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Good knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Should follow good code quality standards.
- Follow/maintain an agile methodology for delivering on project milestones.
- Expertise in OOPS and design pattern
- Should know http apis development in python (Flask, Tornado) and should also know how to package a code and create executables/binaries in python code
- Hands on work experience with: Python, Django, gUnicorn, Flask, Elasticsearch, Azure, Docker, Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of caching technologies like Redis.
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, SQL would be a plus.
- OPT visa holders can apply only if you have previous relevant work experience
Related keywords: python developer, python, software engineer, software developer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Do you have minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Python application development
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: